Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thank God

My mom had a follow-up appointment today and they said that she caught the melanoma very early, and it is not invasive. They will take some extra tissue to be sure, but it looks like a very good prognosis. I am so relieved.

Running this week has been good... well, for the most part.
Tuesday = 5.4 miles in 53 minutes, for a 9:48 pace. I made the dire mistake of eating Mexican food for lunch, and I thought it would have settled four hours later when I went running, but it did not. I felt like throwing up the entire time. It was such a waste of a great day with nice temperatures, and my legs felt good too. Probably would have had a much better pace otherwise. The only reason I went as fast as I did was because my husband came too.

Wednesday = 3.05 in less than 27 minutes, for an 8:45 pace. I ran this by myself and decided to just run as fast as I could. I don't know if that's a great training strategy or what, but I did three miles: 1st in 9:04, 2nd in 8:35, and 3rd in 8:28.

Today my husband is running with me again, and then I'm taking a break tomorrow, will probably do some Pilates.

Pay Day is tomorrow and I am thinking seriously about getting this:


Runny Yoke Skirt - Anthropologie, $39.95 (sale)

Possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment