Friday, March 25, 2011

Everything is sore.

I woke up today quite sore from hot yoga yesterday, but I still trucked it to spinning class at the gym. I got the best night's sleep yet before a 5:45 a.m. class last night. Before the first two, I woke up several times, each time trying to figure out if I was actually going to get up and go or not. I think I slept better last night because I knew what to expect, for the first time.

Got there at 5:35 and an older lady informed me and another girl that the class didn't actually start until 6 (Even though the schedule says 5:45! Annoying.) So I went to the weights and did some triceps and glute/quad presses (Random, I know). Then went back into the spinning room and waited.

The instructor was different from Monday - an older guy, maybe late 40s or early 50s? Whereas on Monday it was a younger girl, probably late 20s/early 30s. He worked us HARD! There were 8 people to start and 4 quit before it was over. He had us riding standing up a LOT. I seem to recall Monday being much easier. I definitely sweated more today. It's good though, I bet I burned a lot more calories.

So I'm sore and walking gingerly - definitely need to take it easy until Sunday so I can rock the half-marathon. 2:10 is my first goal, 2:05 my secret dream, 2:00 or under if I have a transcendent experience and channel someone faster than me.

After two classes, I've determined I need one of these:

For real!

No comments:

Post a Comment