Monday, January 24, 2011

Sluggish Monday.

There is something about Monday that just makes me feel sluggish. I usually get to work around 8, but didn't make it in until 8:30 (as long as I'm there by 9 and work 8 hours, my boss is OK with me coming in at varying times).

I love this new iced coffee kick I am on because it means my coffee is already made and waiting for me in the fridge in the mornings. So much better than having to brew some up bleary-eyed when I'm still half-asleep.

My menu for today is pretty much set out:

Breakfast = Van's belgian waffle with light butter and syrup; one medium tangelo

Lunch = Lean Pocket and spinach/tomato/cucumber salad

Snacks = Kashi bar, light salt + vinegar chips, almonds

Dinner = Low-calorie stir-fried shrimp

I ran 12 miles yesterday, and I made sure to look up the total KM equivalent so as not to sell the run short like last time. Here were my stats:

Duration: 2 hours, 9 minutes, 50 seconds

Distance: 19.41 km

Average speed: 9.0 kph

Average pace: 6:41 min/km

Calories burned: 1074

Max speed: 16.3 kph

My running plan for this week:

Tuesday - 4 miles
Thursday -6 miles
Saturday - 13 miles

Yes, I am tackling the half-marathon distance on my own finally, and then after that I'm going to just do shorter runs until the race on Feb. 13

I am doing a 10K with my husband on Feb. 5, which will be my first race of that distance. My goal is to finish it in 1 hour. I did a 5-miler in November which I finished in 48 minutes. I hope I can do 6.2 in just 12 minutes more.

As for shopping, not much of that going on lately. We're in a little period where we are having to pay big bills all within weeks of each other, so my recent income has been going toward that, plus the additional race registration costs. It should stabilize after Feb. 1, and I'll be able to indulge a little more in that area. :) I still have my $25 Anthropologie gift card and I am patiently waiting to see what item I will use it towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment