Friday, January 21, 2011

Officially Signed Up!

It is only three weeks away, but today I officially signed up for the Rock 'n' Roll Mardi Gras Half Marathon in New Orleans! I had been thinking about doing it since October, but never fully committed to it mentally, and then in December after watching the documentary, "The Spirit of the Marathon," on Hulu, it really inspired me to commit to this half-marathon and just go for it.

I had to wait until I recuperated from Christmas spending to afford the $105 registration fee (as well as paying rent and car insurance for the next 6 months), so I waited until this pay day today, and registered as soon as I got up.

I am running it with a friend and am sooooo excited. My husband is going to come be a spectator, seeing us off at the starting line and then taking a shuttle to the finish line to wait for us. The Rock 'n' Roll series is a popular, fun race that will provide entertainment on the course and entertainment at the finish line.

I plan to run 12 miles on Sunday, 13 miles next Saturday (with short runs mixed in the days between), and then I'm doing a 10K the week before the half-marathon and will do some short runs the Monday-Tuesday before the Sunday race. Then I will take a break from running the rest of the week and just do some yoga and pilates.

The next thing on my list is to make a half-marathon playlist for my iPod and plan where we're going to eat afterward! I hope I will still have an appetite when the race is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment