Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shop, Run, Rest...

It is interesting to look over the past year of my life and see how I have changed. A year ago I was not a runner. Presently I'm training for a half-marathon. A year ago I didn't put much thought into what I wore to work or adding color to my bland black and gray ensembles. Today I'm wearing mustard-colored shoes.

These two things are somewhat intertwined. Part of the reason I didn't much care to put effort into my appearance was because I didn't feel confident with the way I looked. I was highly sedentary, ate bad food most of the time, and how I felt about myself was reflected in my appearance. I started running to shed the extra pounds I'd put on since getting married, and with running (and learning to eat better) came not only weight loss, but a sense of self. Confidence. Sort of "finding myself."

Clothes and appearances don't matter in the long run, but how you feel about yourself does matter. I feel good about myself not because of what I wear; but what I wear reflects how good I feel about myself.

There are so many times I want to post a link of something cute I want to buy or just bought, or talk someone's ear off about my latest run. While I do have some good friends and a husband who don't mind hearing about these pieces of news, I'm sure they don't want every.single.detail. That's where this blog comes in.

I'm not sure if anyone will ever read this regularly, but I'm a writer and while my current job doesn't provide many opportunities to get creative with my writing, this will!

No comments:

Post a Comment