Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dress standards and running in cold weather

I'd say for most people, there are certain basic standards which your clothing must meet. For example, you usually don't want your dress to be see-through. Am I right?

Forever 21 apparently doesn't hold this standard up extremely high, which I found out when I received the above dress in the mail. I LOVE the dress... it's simple, easy to accessorize, just long enough for work, BUT... completely see-through. I am wearing it today with a brown camisole underneath and brown tights, but I want to wear it in the spring and summer and tights are not going to fly here with the heat we get.

Thankfully, there is an easy solution, and that is to buy a simple brown or cream slip/chemise to wear underneath. I might even get one that is suitable to peek out from the bottom, to make the length of my dress appear even longer. But it sure would be nice if the dress came with some kind of lining so this wasn't a problem! Oh Forever 21. How you tease me. I guess that's the price you pay for a cute $20 dress.

I think this week has brought us the coldest temperatures of the winter thus far. Holy Mother. It is freaking cold, and windy on top of that, and I absolutely have zero desire to run in it. Which might explain why yesterday, Wednesday, was the first day I even attempted to run since Saturday, the day I ran my longest distance ever: 10.2 miles. I managed 2 miles yesterday before giving in. I am going to attempt to run again today, this time with gloves and a beanie to cover my poor ears. It's just so hard sometimes to get motivated for a run mentally, and the cold does not help. With the half-marathon exactly one month from today, I know I must overcome this mental block and run my little heart out anyway. I have a checklist of things I want to get related to my running:
I currently use an application on my BlackBerry called "runtastic" to track my runs, but I'd really prefer to get the Garmin Forerunner, which my husband has promised to get me for Valentine's Day (but before the half-marathon :)

I also have the Camelbak Delaney pack, but I rarely use it to hold a water bottle because the pack bounces too much. I mainly use it for the pocket which holds my phone and keys. I'd like to get the Spibelt which seems lighter, with the Fuel belt on the side for longer runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment