Thursday, January 20, 2011

Food (and drink) to look forward to.

In the past two days I've discovered two little snacks that I know from now on I will be excited to have!

I picked up 2 little containers of Dannon's Greek yogurt with honey on the bottom, and yesterday after coming home from work early, I dumped one in a bowl with some Bear Naked vanilla almond crunch granola, frozen strawberries, and banana slices, and it was AWESOME. I think next time I'll forgo the frozen strawberries, as they didn't seem to mesh well with everything else. But this was sooooo good. 140 calories for the yogurt container.

Then, I looked up tips on making good iced coffee, tried it this morning, and it too was AWESOME. You need to brew a strong pot of coffee at night, then pour into a pitcher and mix in the sugar (Splenda in my case) while it's still hot. Then cool the pitcher in the fridge over night. This morning I added some almond milk to the coffee and then poured it over ice in my coffee thermos. It was really good! The biggest thing is to cool the coffee in the fridge first, because otherwise it would melt the ice quickly and water down your drink. Putting in the sugar while the coffee is still hot is also a key, because as we all know sugar doesn't really dissolve in cold water (which is why I don't get my husband ordering iced tea at restaurants and then pouring in sugar packets into. You also get gritty sugar when you drink and to me, it's gross!)

I did not run Tuesday OR Wednesday for two different reasons - Tuesday it was raining, so I went home and did Kenpo X (of p90X). It's about an hour of kickboxing-like workouts. Yesterday was the first day of  my Monthly Gift, and the first day is always rough on me. I came home and took some medicine for a headache, and after dinner I felt OK enough to do my Bikini Ready Workout.

There is rain in the forecast today, but I MUST RUN. I get frustrated having gone this long without running. If it's raining when I get off of work today, I might cry. The forecast says it will be, but sometimes the forecast is wrong. Fingers crossed. Days like this, I wish I had a treadmill or belonged to a gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment