Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Long Run and Menu for the Week

This past Saturday was the third Saturday in a row that I set out to run the longest distance I've ever run.

Two weeks ago, I ran 15k or 9.3 miles, then last Saturday, I ran 10.2 miles, and my goal this past Saturday was 11 miles. I use an application on my BlackBerry to track my distance, and unfortunately it only offers distance in km. I should have figured out how many km = 11 miles before I left, alas, I did not. I figured that since 10.2 miles was about 16 km, that 17.5 km should be 11 miles.

Obviously I don't know enough about km and miles. I ran 17.5 km and returned to my car in triumph. When I looked up the distance to see exactly how many miles it was, I was so mad - 10.89 miles. Not 11 miles. I beat my longest distance, but did not reach my goal. I learned a nice little lesson, and I can't wait to get a Garmin which will measure my distance in MILES.

Here were my stats:

Distance: 17.52 km

Duration: 1 hour, 53 minutes, 2 seconds

Average speed: 9.3 kph

Max speed: 14.9 kph

Average pace: 6:27 min/km

Calories burned: 956


Today after work I plan to run about 4.2 miles and then I'm going to the store to stock up for the week. I gained about 2 pounds over the last week because I've been eating:

1) fast food
2) lots of king cake
3) ice cream
4) pizza

So who can be surprised by weight gain after a week of that? I'm getting back on track now, as I want to lose about 6 pounds to be at my ideal weight.

On the grocery list for snacks:
apples
grapes
cherries
almonds
dill pickles
Greek yogurt and granola

Dinner Menu for the rest of this week:

Tuesday: Parmesan chicken pasta with rosemary
Wednesday: Gardenburgers (portabella) with sweet potato fries
Thursday: Stir-fried shrimp
Friday: Date night/eating out -- I will get a salad


My running and workout plan this week:

Tuesday: 4 miles and Bikini Ready Workout
Wednesday: 3 miles
Thursday: 2 miles and Bikini Ready Workout
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Bikini Ready Workout
Sunday: I have a birthday party to go to at 11:30 a.m. an hour away from home, and since I normally run my long run in the morning, I am thinking of moving my long run to Sunday. I want to run 11 to 11.75 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment