Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday wishes and a great month ahead

My birthday is 2 months away but I'm already making my list:

1) COMFY SHOES


Sperry Top-Siders.... $75!! These have to be a birthday wish because of their price-tag. Kind of hefty for shoes I will only wear with shorts probably on the weekends. But I love them, they look so comfy, and I am just dying for them.

A good substitute for these, should they sell out before the day of my birth, are a pair of TOMS. They are a little less expensive, for a good cause, and should offer the same amount of casual-ness and comfort. I used to think they were ugly, but now I have come around to see their merit. Perhaps I can get both pairs???


2) A MASSAGE

I looovvveeeeeeeeee backrubs from my husband, but he does not particularly love to give them (even though he does, and often). I have always wanted to go get a professional massage, even though the thought of a stranger rubbing on me is kind of icky. These can be kind of expensive though.

3) RUNNING GEAR
Anything really... new tops, new shorts, new running SOCKs... headbands, an iFitness belt, a Fuel Belt, perhaps? A Tiger Tail rolling massage stick, some new tights, perhaps? Maybe for my birthday I will just have my husband take me to the sporting goods store and go crazy.

For non-birthday needs, I do need some shorts for the summer... I do not own any non-running/sleeping shorts! This is because I used to always hate how I looked in shorts, up until I started running a year ago and really started losing weight and toning up. I've always worn skirts, but shorts just felt WRONG. Now I am completely comfortable in them and want a couple of pairs for this hot summer. I'm liking what Old Navy has to offer:


I am really excited for the coming weeks, all which include:
- a much-needed haircut on Thursday (yes, I am EXCITED about this!!)
-Day off for Good Friday and Easter weekend
- the movie premiere of SOMETHING BORROWED, which is based on the book by Emily Giffin and stars Ginnifer Goodwin and Kate Hudson. I LOVED the book so much, so I've been obsessing over the movie coming out for quite a while, so much so that my husband agreed to go see it with me, even though he absolutely hates chick flicks and I can't remember the last time he saw one with me in the movie theater.
- A baby shower for my sister-in-law
- A fundraising dinner and silent auction for a college organization my husband and I both were active in (it's how we met)
- a bridal shower for my brother's fiancee

All this within the next month!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog! When you get a chance, shoot me an email with your address so I can send you the Sweaty Band that you won in my giveaway a few weeks ago. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete